(a) General Criteria
1. Admission shall be first and foremost on the basis outstanding academic achievement as exhibited in the performance at bachelor’s or Masters levels.
2. Applicants shall be talented and enterprising graduates with promising and strong leadership potential, seeking to undertake postgraduate study/research in Africa.
3. Applications shall be for both taught and research postgraduate degrees: Masters and Doctor of Philosophy. In addition to prioritizing academic achievement, selection could also take into account some desirable cross-cutting issues so as to encourage diversity in the class/programme. They include:
1. Regional/sub-regional balance,
2. Gender balance
3. ICT literacy and Proficiency in English or French is mandatory
4. Satisfactory medical report for some courses as instructed by the department concerned.